Designed for astronomers of all levels, the almanac provides details of thousands of astronomical events from 2015 through to 2019.
Written by a former freelance writer for Astronomy magazine, the guide includes almost daily data and information on the Moon and planets, as well as Pluto, Ceres, Pallas, Juno and Vesta.
- The phases of the Moon
- Conjunctions between the Moon, planets and asteroids (including angular separation for conjunctions involving the planets and asteroids.)
- Lunar and Solar eclipses
- Annual summaries of when to observe the planets and asteroids
- Annual summaries of notable close planetary conjunctions
- Peak dates for the major meteor showers with moon phase
- Dates of perihelion, aphelion, perigee and apogee for the planets and asteroids
- Inferior and Superior conjunction for Mercury and Venus
- Greatest Eastern and Western elongation for Mercury and Venus
- Opposition and solar conjunction dates for the outer planets and asteroids
- Apparent diameter changes for the planets
- Magnitude changes for the planets and asteroids
- Constellation changes for the Sun, planets and asteroids
- Dates of the equinoxes and solstices
Whether you’re an expert astronomer or a casual star gazer, the almanac is the essential guide for observers across the world.