To commemorate the New Horizons space probe making the first fly-by of the dwarf planet Pluto, I’m making the Kindle edition of my book, 2016: An Astronomical Year free from July 13th to July 15th (Pacific Time.)
Whether you’re just beginning to learn astronomy or consider yourself an expert, this comprehensive, easy-to-use quick reference guide will give you all the details you need to find hundreds of night sky events in 2016 – many of which can be seen with just your eyes.
Written by a former freelance columnist for Astronomy magazine with over thirty years of experience, the guide includes:
- Text highlighting “must see” events that can be easily found and enjoyed. No equipment required!
- Graphics simulating the best events as they can be seen in the sky
- Monthly highlights of what can be seen in the pre-dawn and evening sky, including the Moon, planets, bright asteroids, meteors, bright stars, constellations and deep sky objects
- Descriptions of key astronomical events for each important date
And for more advanced astronomers:
- Details of astronomical events, including conjunctions, eclipses, elongations, oppositions and meteor showers
- Technical information for key events, such as object magnitude, distance and apparent size
- Angular separation for conjunctions
- Culmination dates for bright stars, constellations and all 110 Messier objects
Whether you’re planning a night out under the stars or simply want to learn more about the heavens above us, you can find it all in this guide to the astronomical year.
The book comes in two editions, one for observers in North America and the other for those in the United Kingdom. As such, it is available to download from Amazon in the following areas:
United States: tinyurl.com/2016astronomicalyear-us
United Kingdom: tinyurl.com/2016astronomicalyear-uk
If you don’t own a Kindle you can download the Kindle Reader software from Amazon. (Look along the top of the Amazon page for Free Reading Apps.)
2015: An Astronomical Year
|2016: An Astronomical Year||2016: The Night Sky Sights||The Astronomical Almanac (2015-2019)||The Amateur Astronomer’s Notebook (Pocket Edition)|
(Kindle & Paperback)
|(Kindle & Paperback)||(Kindle & Paperback)||(Kindle & Paperback)||
|Amazon – US||Amazon – US||Amazon – US||Amazon – US|
|Amazon – UK||Amazon – UK||Amazon – UK|
Details of all available books across the world can be found here or by visiting the author’s page on Amazon. If you have any comments or questions, please feel free to contact me at astronomywriter “at” gmail.com