For just this weekend, from midnight Saturday September 12th to 11:59pm Monday September 14th (Pacific Time) you can download the Kindle version of my astronomy book The Astronomical Almanac (2016-2020): A Comprehensive Guide to Night Sky Events for FREE.
Designed for astronomers worldwide, the almanac provides details of thousands of astronomical events from 2016 through to the end of 2020 and includes almost daily data and information on the Moon and planets, as well as Pluto, Ceres, Pallas, Juno and Vesta:
* The phases of the Moon
* Conjunctions between the Moon, planets and asteroids (including angular separation for conjunctions involving the planets and asteroids.)
* Lunar and Solar eclipses
* Annual summaries of when to observe the planets and asteroids
* Annual summaries of notable close planetary conjunctions
* Peak dates for the major meteor showers with moon phase
* Dates of perihelion, aphelion, perigee and apogee for the planets and asteroids
* Inferior and Superior conjunction for Mercury and Venus
* Greatest Eastern and Western elongation for Mercury and Venus
* Opposition and solar conjunction dates for the outer planets and asteroids
* Apparent diameter changes for the planets
* Magnitude changes for the planets and asteroids
* Constellation changes for the Sun, planets and asteroids
* Dates of the equinoxes and solstices
Whether you’re an expert astronomer or a casual star gazer, the almanac is the essential guide for observers everywhere.
You can download it from the following Amazon stores:
Australia – http://www.amazon.com.au/gp/product/B0118RU2VU
Netherlands – http://www.amazon.nl/gp/product/B0118RU2VU
If you don’t have a Kindle, you can download the reader application to your computer from Amazon. Alternatively, if you email me at astronomywriter “at” gmail.com, I’d be happy to send you a PDF copy. (Please allow me a day or so to respond. I do not collect email addresses or sell them on.) The only thing I ask in return is that you take a few minutes to write a review.
Lastly, please feel free to share / repost and distribute this post or any of the links above to anyone who might be interested.
|2015: An Astronomical Year||2016: An Astronomical Year||2016: The Night Sky Sights||The Astronomical Almanac (2016-2020)||The Amateur Astronomer’s Notebook (Pocket Edition)|
|(Kindle & Paperback)||(Kindle & Paperback)||(Kindle & Paperback)||(Kindle & Paperback)||(Paperback)|
|Amazon – US||Amazon – US||Amazon – US||Amazon – US||Amazon – US|
|Amazon – UK||Amazon – UK||Amazon – UK||Amazon – UK||Amazon – UK|
Details of all available books across the world can be found by visiting the author’s page on Amazon. If you have any comments or questions, please feel free to contact me at astronomywriter “at” gmail.com